* I somewhat destroyed my 6+ years old 12″ Powerbook last night. The latch got hold of my pajama, and I broke it while pulling. Now I have to manually put the laptop to sleep and place it upside down on the floor to keep it in sleep mode.
* It seems that this brand new MSI model will be my Powerbook replacement — if the rest of its specs are as good.
* Larry Lessig released his latest book, “Remix”, for free under a Creative Commons license after a few months as a commercial book. Highly recommended reading for everyone. You have no excuse to not read it.
* I started with the wrong foot with the “Fringe” TV series, but it has become better overtime. Abrams is trying to close the gap between episodic and serialized TV by having the serialized plot midly moving on over self-contained stories in each episode. Clever, but it’s still not as good as “Lost”. Something’s missing.
* The people who are paying the extra $5 or $10 to watch the new “Star Trek” movie in IMAX are idiots (and apparently there are millions of them). The movie was scanned and edited in 2k intermediate, not even in 4k. Which means that its maximum quality you can get out of that scan is via a digital cinema screen or a good plasma 1080p TV. But IMAX?
* Google Street View was blacked out in Greece because of potential privacy abuse. This is an oxymoron: Greece and Privacy. At least outside of Athens, everyone knows what color underwear everyone else is wearing. What bullshit.
* And over here, Obama orders a stop to detainee photo releases, and threatens UK to do the same. And if you thought back on how enthusiastic and hopeful the UFO believers were with Obaman’s election towards “full disclosure”. Hehehe…