* Spent 6 hours in ER yesterday. Gastritis. God, having an IV is so uncomfortable.
* Layoffs at Openwave today. Thankfully my husband is safe.
* We upgraded our Netflix and Gamefly subscriptions. I spent some time on Saturday putting together a list of 50 movies that we haven’t seen. I added “Fight Club” in the list, but I won’t be watching that, too gory for me.
* Charles Stross says that we will never colonize another planet or travel to another solar system. While I agree that with the current technology we can’t, it would be too short-sighted and lack of vision to say that rockets are the only way to go from point A to point B. More over, he states that humans can only survive in very specific gravity conditions and that it’s extremely unlikely that a habitable planet will have the same gravity as earth does. Well, it seems that Charlie doesn’t watch Science Channel, because NASA is already working on the problem with genetic engineers: the humans that will be selected to colonize a planet, will be biologically altered so they can survive.
* “Scans of Monks’ Brains Show Meditation Alters Structure, Functioning” says WSJ. I like that. It’s like body building of the mind, just like studying hard is. I could easily join a budhist group and do meditation, just don’t ask me to believe on all the supernatural crap. The “faith” part is lacking on me — regardless of religion.
* I blogged about it many months ago, Nokia will have to go touchscreen for Symbian S60 4.0. Not because they want to, but because that’s what the competition demands. Now, there are rumors about it on some forums and also a news article on Engadget.