Fucking Greek Post Office

[?? ?a??µe????? a?a???ste? t?? blog e?a?????ta?]

Fuck, fuck, fuck. ?a?????ft?? t?? ?e?ata. >:(

According to the local post office guy in Greece, there is no way the parcel will ever arrive to its destination. It was stolen early on in Athens by Post Office or Customs employees. I’ve lived in several countries in my life, and this kind of thing only happens in Greece (I’ve had things stolen in an airport before).

And on top of that, Greeks think they are hip: “We know how to live brother, what did you think, that we are like the Americans and the Europeans, who are all wankers and work day and night like the dogs? We have history, they have nothing, they are animals.

??st, ?t??p?!

Tom wrote on May 31st, 2007 at 4:24 PM PST:

My friend in Argentina has problems with mail being stolen too, so your country’s not alone. :)

Eugenia wrote on May 31st, 2007 at 4:33 PM PST:

Yup, all these countries, the poor ones, really have such problems… But in the Greek case, as I wrote above, it’s a matter of wanting “more and more”, because postal workers get paid better than even the US ones!!

Oh, well, $700 in gadgets, my little brother’s birthday gifts, all gone. :(

chris wrote on May 31st, 2007 at 10:45 PM PST:

I am sorry..

As I wrote, try to search for the invoices, maybe you are lucky and find the IMEI or the serial numbers.

now, calm down, please.. δεν αξίζει να χαλας να νευρα σου με τα λαμόγια των ΕΛΤΑ και του τελωνείου.

I wish that the cocksucker who took the Nokia, will put a fake battery and the phone will explode near his/her face.

Luis wrote on June 1st, 2007 at 2:37 AM PST:

I’m really sorry about it. Not just for the things you lost and your brother’s birthday, but also because it’s sad that this happens in modern Greece. Greece is not a poor country anymore. People can’t steal these things. They don’t need to !

Someone should take this seriously, because having an unreliable post system is a big problem for a modern country. At least I hope you can complain somewhere and they do something about it, not just ignore the problem.

Stavros wrote on June 1st, 2007 at 5:54 AM PST:

That’s truly sad.. :(
They do it because they know they’ll get away with it with absolutely no consequences.

By the way – I am absolutely sure that neither the USPS employee really understood what she said when she told you about the insurance. Just a mechanical repetition of a phrase.

mikesum32 wrote on June 1st, 2007 at 6:09 PM PST:

You should send a pipe bomb.

“Oh look, new electronics for me to steal.” *Ka-Boom*

papo wrote on June 4th, 2007 at 2:52 AM PST:

It’s really sad, eugenia..and its really happening! Though, you never know, maybe in a couple of weeks the parcel may come up. Anyway do a UPS or whatever private sector parcel company next time! I already have difficult times with books and Cd’s I can imagine what is going on – more valuable parcels!

I can understand your ..anger!

Είναι καθαρή γυφτιά!

Thomas wrote on June 4th, 2007 at 1:16 PM PST:

Since all parcels are sent registered you will be get your money back shortly after post office finish the paperwork. But if you did not declared the value of $700 probably you tried to avoid custom taxes. In this case you are the one that tried to steal the greek government and you must be ashamed of. Now that your scum did not pay off you accuse the greeks for thieves. Viva Grecia – Justice paid.

Eugenia wrote on June 4th, 2007 at 5:25 PM PST:

The items were second hand, used. So the overall value was not $700 in street price, it was much lower than that. And no, I won’t take my money back because the parcel was not registered/insured.

Eugenia wrote on June 4th, 2007 at 10:32 PM PST:

I called the Greek customs, the parcel is not stuck there. After 4-5 phone calls to different offices they said that the parcel is “lost” (aka “stolen” — this was a big parcel, you don’t “lose” these easily).