This is a traditional southern France vegetarian dish that I first had at JBQ’s grandmother place. This version is without any olive oil and it only has 100 calories (add butter or olive oil instead of cooking spray if you are not dieting. This is also a Paleo recipe). I would suggest you also shape a burger out of 100 gr of fat-free veal ground meat and either grill it or fry it using non-stick spray. The two go well together.
Ingredients: (for 1)
* 1/3 of a small eggplant (25 cals)
* 1/3 of a small zucchini (20 cals)
* 1/5 of a green bell pepper (5 cals)
* 1/5 of a yellow bell pepper (5 cals)
* 1/2 cup of vegetable broth (5 cals)
* herbes de Provence (0 cals)
* 1 big tomato (30 cals)
* 2 onions or shallots (8 cals)
* 1 garlic clove (2 cals)
* black pepper to taste (0 cals)
* 2 sprays of 0 calorie non-stick spray (0 cals) or 2T olive oil
1. Cut in small cubes the eggplant, zucchini, ball peppers and tomato and set aside.
2. Finely chop the onions and garlic. Under medium heat spray on a pan with the non-stick spray and saute the onions and garlic. Preheat oven at 350 F (180 C).
3. Add the cube’d vegetables in the pan and stir. Sprinkle a bit of black pepper and herbes de Provence.
4. Continue stir-frying in the pan for 3 more minutes and then add the vegetable broth juice.
5. Take a small, shallow baking dish and pour the ingredients into it. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.