The original meatball recipe mandates for bread crumbs, but this is a bad idea if your target is a very low calorie diet. Instead, we will be using some veggies to add to the meatball’s quantity and to achieve 200 calories for this dish.
Ingredients (for 1)
* 50 gr fat-free veal ground meat (50 cals)
* 120 gr diced tomatoes in a can (25 cals)
* 30 grams of Ronzoni pasta (100 cals)
* 50 gr mushrooms (10 cals)
* 50 gr zuchini (10 cals)
* 2 sprays of 0 calorie non-stick spray (0 calories)
* 1 onion
* 1 clove of garlic
* a bit of parsley
* salt & pepper
1. Finally chop the onion, garlic, parsley, zuchini and mushrooms. Their pieces must be very small (alternatively, you can blend them).
2. In a big salad bowl place the veal ground meat and sprinkle salt & pepper on it.
3. Add the ingredients from step 1 and start work it with your hands until the mixture seems to be as one. Create small balls.
4. Cook the pasta according to its package directions.
5. In another pan, spray twice with the non-stick spray and stir-fry your meatballs until slightly brown. Then, add the tomato sauce and a cup of water.
6. Stir a few times, cook until the meatballs are cooked through and the tomato sauce is thickened. Serve hot along side the pasta.