Crystal Castles – “Baptism”

Now, that’s music!

jeremy wrote on October 10th, 2010 at 6:28 PM PST:

haha ha ha hahahahaha ha ha, please tell you this is a joke.

Eugenia wrote on October 10th, 2010 at 6:45 PM PST:

No joke at all. I’m not a person who listens to crap like Beyonce or Taylor Swift and other generic pop/rock. I enjoy more difficult and interesting music.

Mike wrote on October 10th, 2010 at 9:29 PM PST:

How about Stravinsky for thought music.

Can’t say much for the vocals, but the music is interesting………somewhat of a “power” sound. Pretty repetitive though…..reminds me of those early electric snyth German Bands.

Thanks for the post.

Eugenia wrote on October 10th, 2010 at 9:33 PM PST:

The vocals are the ones I prefer more actually. The music of the specific track is indeed ’90s rave electronic, but the vocals are different. Their rest of their music is different than this rave track btw (it’s more modern electronic). But yeah, it’s the vocals I like the most, since the actual music, we’ve heard it before.

Glenn Thomas wrote on October 11th, 2010 at 3:21 PM PST:

Yeah, this is good. I definitely like the vocal melody which holds up pretty well, even with all the feedback. The music is fine, even the big synth stab sound.

Glenn Thomas wrote on October 11th, 2010 at 3:25 PM PST:

Actually, I like how they’ve used interlacing an effect too! Looks like it’s from one of the early Sony HDV cameras like the HC1 which had some nasty noise issues.

Jashan Makan wrote on October 12th, 2010 at 3:46 PM PST:

You have a good taste in music Eugenia. Crystal Castles is the best!

Yanni wrote on October 12th, 2010 at 4:58 PM PST:

For some reason this video reminded me of this band .

J wrote on October 15th, 2010 at 5:11 PM PST:

Yesss! Ha, I saw them live, soo good. As a youngin I’m impressed that you enjoy this kind of music! 🙂

Eugenia wrote on October 15th, 2010 at 5:27 PM PST:

Heh, thanks. I stopped listen to commercial radio-like music last year. So I’m pretty hipster-ish when it comes to music, I guess. Not for fashion though. 😀