Ingredients (for 2)
For the fish
* 2 fillets of tilapia (thawed)
* 1.5 cups of white flour
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup of olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
* Two wedges (1/4 each) of a lemon
For the rice
* 2/3 cups of Thai or Indian rice
* 1/3 cup of frozen peas
* 1 tablespoon of butter
* 1 teaspoon of turmeric
* The rest half of the lemon
1. On a pot, start boiling some water (3-4 cups) under high heat. Vigorously wash the rice with some cold water so its natural white powder substance goes away. Pour the rice into the boiling pot, along the turmeric.
2. Wash the fish with some cold water. Pour the flour on a clean surface, and coat the fish.
3. On a deeper dish, add the paprika and beat it well with the egg. Coat the fish fillets on both sides with the egg mixture, and then coat them again with the flour.
4. Bring the olive oil in a big frying pan under medium heat. When hot, add the fish and fry well on both sides for a few minutes. When done, remove them from the oil and let them rest and dry in kitchen paper towels.
5. Three-four minutes before the rice is done, add the frozen peas. When done, drain the rice/peas, and bring them back to the pot. Add the butter, and squeeze the half lemon too. Stir a few times under a medium heat, until most of the liquid is evaporated, and then remove from the stove.
6. Serve the rice and tilapia with wedges of lemon, and some toasted bread.