I hate AT&T too

What the hell? Is this the worst day of my digital life?

I had enrolled for the “automatic refills” payment option with AT&T’s “Pay As You Go” plan last February. The auto-refill worked once in May, and when it was supposed to refill my account last week automatically, it DIDN’T!!!! What the hell is going on here? You setup the fucking thing to automatically refill $25 per 3 months, and it does that correctly once, and then it doesn’t??? How do you even make something like this work only once?

I will be calling them tomorrow morning, because right now they are closed (IMO, they should be having support people 24 hours a day, but hey).

Worst shit ever. I am really pissed off these last two days. Between Apple, AT&T, and Vegas crashing all the time on a time-critical project, I just feel that I want to head for the mountains and never come back to “civilization”. I hate its guts. I feel like when having PMS, times 100.

Update: AT&T doesn’t know what the hell happened. I show up as auto-refill on their computer, and then I am not. Their rep has no idea what happened, but I have my suspicions. Judging from their pay web site, I smell that they now require an SSN number to accept your credit card, while it wasn’t the deal before. The problem is, there are a lot of people in the US without SSN, because US has run out of supported numbers (US now gives SSNs to new residents only when it absolutely has to). AT&T never sent me an email, SMS, or called to let me know of the new requirements. They just stopped auto-refilling my account, while I thought they were doing so. And because of that, I lost all of my roll-over balance that my account had (about $14). Conspiracy theory anyone?

rambo wrote on August 11th, 2009 at 3:04 AM PST:

Hang in there… the Digital World needs you.

Vegas crashing …. that’s a given.

R

Robert wrote on August 11th, 2009 at 5:10 AM PST:

Vegas crashing? I have experienced slow performance editing XDCAM EX 720/50p in Vegas, but a part from that, no crashes….yet.

Eugenia wrote on August 11th, 2009 at 8:38 AM PST:

Yes, crashing really bad on any kind of export.

blover wrote on August 11th, 2009 at 10:36 AM PST:

you got what you deserved for breaking the rules. Oh, and you bought from Canada, how idiotic, just to save a few bucks.

Eugenia wrote on August 11th, 2009 at 10:41 AM PST:

>you got what you deserved for breaking the rules.

Spoke like a true drone. All hail the next generation. A new generation of drones that is.

>and you bought from Canada, how idiotic

It’s not idiotic at all, if you knew the whole story.

And why the fuck do you reply on the wrong thread? AT&T’s auto-refill policy has nothing to do with the iPhone adventure I mentioned in the other blog post.

Robert wrote on August 11th, 2009 at 1:53 PM PST:

Are you using Vegas 9? I have experimented similar issues when exporting. Vegas crashes or says “not enough memory” or something like that. Sometimes works, sometimes do not. I find Vegas 8c is by far the most stable version.

l3v1 wrote on August 12th, 2009 at 2:21 AM PST:

“because US has run out of supported numbers”

WTF?

Corey wrote on August 12th, 2009 at 7:08 PM PST:

“because US has run out of supported numbers”

“WTF?”

Wondering the same thing myself. The US has 300-odd million residents, and there are (I assume) 9,999,999,999 possible SSNs (I don’t know if certain blocks are excluded). Should be plenty to last us awhile.

Sorry you had a bad tech week. It’s like playing golf: the one sweet shot in 50 keeps me coming back. And I don’t do Apple period for the attitude that you properly attribute to them.

Optimus wrote on August 13th, 2009 at 9:58 AM PST:

Reading this I laughed. I guess I am not the only joking about moving to the mountains to avoid civilization because of something stupid and computer related 🙂

Jim wrote on August 17th, 2009 at 6:33 PM PST:

I was a loyal ATT customer for ten yrs and then they f**ked me over for hundreds of dollars. We finally made a settlement where I still got screwed, but not as bad as they wanted to screw me. The told me I would never be able to get an account with them again. Like that was going to happen.
Screwing your good customers must be good business though