Big splash for “Lost”

“Lost”‘s premiere managed over 16 million viewers last night, a good record for the show which has seen some decline last year. But “Lost” is back in full strength and it’s becoming more violent, if I am to believe some of the spoilers online. I bet this half-season will be huge.

Check this deleted scene (.flv format) from the first episode of the 4th season. Partial transcript below:

(While rescue is very close, Juliet digs some graves, and Sawyer drinks a beer near by. Juliet is not one of the survivors of the plane crash but she wishes to be rescued as well.)
Sawyer (sarcastic): So what are you gonna tell’em?
Juliet: Sorry?
Sawyer: The cavalry comes here and some yahoo from Oceanic Airlines shows up with a little clipboard looking to tick off your name. What are you gonna tell’em?
Juliet: …You have some blood on your cheek.
(Sawyer cleans up his right cheek with his hand.)
Juliet: The other one.

Pure genius dialog. You gotta see Sawyer’s face.

jeff wrote on February 1st, 2008 at 10:57 AM PST:

They made it so confusing that people who didn’t watch it previously were left out, and will have to watch the previous seasons to know what is going on. Hell, I might do that since everyone seems to like it.

Eugenia wrote on February 1st, 2008 at 11:04 AM PST:

Erm, this is *exactly* why I love Lost. The complexity of the story. The puzzles.

Because what you say is indeed a problem and “Lost” lost new audience because of that, ABC TWICE a year broadcasts 1-hour recaps of the previous episodes. You should have sat down for 1 hour LAST night and watch the recap episode.

Although I definitely recommend you watch the full past 3 seasons and then watch the 4th one. “Lost” is the best show on TV IMO. ABC.com has the FULL 3 seasons on streaming right now, so I suggest you go watch it from the beginning, for free.

Stefan wrote on February 1st, 2008 at 12:49 PM PST:

You won’t regret seeing the previous seasons. Just be ready to give up any family duties, household chores etc for the next two weeks 🙂
That is what I did, rented the first three seasons and got into a Lost watching frenzy

Jim wrote on February 1st, 2008 at 5:10 PM PST:

The best show on TV is the undisputed champion called “Trailer Park Boys” filmed in Nova Scotia, it depicts actual Canadian lifestyle in Nova Scotia and is the best reality tv show I have ever seen

Eugenia wrote on February 1st, 2008 at 5:36 PM PST:

I don’t like reality shows. The reason I watch TV, when I do, is because I want to “get away” from real life. Not delve more into it, cause I often find normal life depressing. And “Lost” — as long as you pay close attention– can manage to take you away to its island, much more than ANY other show.

Jim wrote on February 1st, 2008 at 11:38 PM PST:

Eugenia:
Trust me, you are in desperate need of an episode of Trailer Park Boys. Depicts real life inside a trailer park with a video crew following these guys around, Aye, you will be bbq chicken fingers with JBQ and saying Aye and Aboat instead of about and trying to get your grade ten and it will give you some good tips on video to boot or is that boat?

Eugenia wrote on February 1st, 2008 at 11:41 PM PST:

Jim, I don’t understand what the hell you are talking about. Again. What chicken fingers, what Aye and Aboat instead of about? Speak english.

Also, I don’t want to watch real life of a trailer park. This would depress me to no end. I come from a poor family myself, so I need not to see more poverty in my life. Thank you for the idea though.

Jim wrote on February 2nd, 2008 at 12:38 AM PST:

Eugenia:
I was’t imitating how Canadians talk, they don’t talk english like AMerican and it is a psudo reality tv show as if a film crew followed these low lifes around, in the US we call the Trailer Park Boys “white trash” and it is funny as hell and I have converted many people into Trailer Park Boys addicts and I think they are in their 7th season and I think plays on BBC America, be forwarned they smoke alot of cigarettes, drink alot of booze and swear constantly. Chicken fingers are little pieces of chicken breast that you bbq and dip in sauce.
I have seasons one and two and we watch them over and over and over

memson wrote on February 2nd, 2008 at 1:42 AM PST:

‘Aye’ is perfectly good English. Hint : Star Trek TOS, Scotty, ‘aye captain’. It’s a little Scottish, but it’s also Naval speak. Think about it… ‘Nova Scotia’, New Scotland in Latin r whatever. It was originally populated by a lot of Scots and Irish Gaelic speakers.

Jim wrote on February 2nd, 2008 at 10:46 AM PST:

My apologies, I was trying to be funny, but Trailer Park Boys is seriously funny in fact and I hope you will not brand me a heritic by saying this.

I think trailer park boys is funnier than the old second city tv series.

Best thing on tv

Dimitar wrote on February 2nd, 2008 at 12:24 PM PST:

@jeff: you can also check out the lost wiki’s – there are some pretty good on the web and the wikipedia articles aren’t too bad either.