An interesting alternative rock band, Hooray for Earth. They offer two of their three singles for free download. Check their third single on their MySpace page and buy their album over at CDBaby or iTunes.
Archive for January 30th, 2008
My parents in law came to visit today, so I made this cake. We call it an apple pie in my Greek hometown, but it’s more of a cake really. It’s very easy and fast to make.
Ingredients (for 8 )
* 3 eggs
* 1/3 cup of sugar
* 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
* 1 big apple (or 2 smaller ones)
* 1 cup of general purpose flour
* 3 teaspoons of baking powder
* 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl add all ingredients except the apple(s).
2. Using an electrical mixer, mix for 2-3 minutes on high power until the batter becomes somewhat fluid. Add more flour or some water to get the right balance.
3. Preheat oven at 390 F (200 C). Add the batter in an oven dish (the batter should be half an inch tall while on the dish).
4. Peel the apple, remove its kernels, and cut it vertically in very thin slices. Place the slices on top of the batter. The batter should be “thick” enough to keep the apple slices afloat, but also fluid enough too.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Place on rack to cool. Eat warm or cold.
* My parents in law from France are visiting for a few days. My father in law was impressed by my iPod Touch, so he got one too a few hours after arriving.
* Solomon Chase’s “Rainy Day” video is now the most “liked” HV20 video ever on Vimeo as well, with 97 likes so far. It’s also on the top-15 of all of their HD videos. Deserves it every bit. Additionally, 2/3s out of all HD videos are made with the HV20!
* Am I to believe that this woman didn’t sue 20 years after the fact just because the rapist now has money? Sorry, but I think $$ spoke here.
* The new “Lost” season starts tomorrow, and I personally can’t wait for it. I noticed that all these months absolutely no spoilers were leaking online, and suddenly this last month they are. Which means that the people who leak the info are journalists who get review copies, and not the people who actually work on “Lost”. At least it’s nice to know that your co-workers are trustworthy. Update: Awesome! South Park “Lost” characters.
* Why people think that it’s gross to not shave your pits or legs? Why is it gross to be NORMAL? I don’t get this. In fact, back in the ’70s in northern European countries women would not shave. But now, everyone does (yes, myself included, I wouldn’t want to bare the stigma). However, remember, the reason why men like shaved women is just because of an evolutionary reason: non-hairy women are very young, and therefore more fertile and therefore it’s part of men’s instincts to go for teens (and even pre-teens). But we are — or we should be — over that by now. Look past your raw instincts people! Free yourselves from pre-set thought.
And that’s one thing. I can’t (sexually) stand men who shave their bodies. It ain’t natural…