Lunch party

We had a great time today at Xavier’s lunch party. Great food, and good to see old friends that we haven’t seen for a while, like Daniel. I snapped a pic from Marc’s cool license plate too.

JBQ wrote on July 9th, 2007 at 4:02 AM PST:

The heart is one of the 4 “kids” characters that are legal in a CA license plate (don’t know if that’s possible in any other state). You can have a single one in the plate, and it doesn’t actually count as a character for the legal name of the plate (i.e. this is actually “ILINUX”). They’re only available on a “kids” plate (not on a plain white plate). The characters are a heart, a hand, a star, and a plus sign. Details here (click “Order Personalized”).

JLG (CEO of Be Inc) used to have I(heart)BEOS, mostly because BEOS was already taken (by Brian Swetland, Be Inc kernel engineer).

mikesum32 wrote on July 9th, 2007 at 4:54 AM PST:

I want mine to say PIMPHND(hand), BTCHSLP(hand), Juden(star) wrong star though. I can think of a few more, but they’re even worse.

If only I lived there.

mikesum32 wrote on July 9th, 2007 at 7:34 AM PST:

Did he make the heart himself or can you have any weird character ? Still waiting on the gravatar icon.

Eugenia wrote on July 9th, 2007 at 7:37 AM PST:

I think you can have a heart character in US license plates.

Something is wrong with your gravatar. Please make sure that you used your gmail email, or, retry at gravatar, or email them about the problem. Make sure you uploaded an 80×80 icon too.

JBQ wrote on July 9th, 2007 at 7:49 AM PST:

I wouldn’t mind a bimmer (not a beemer, though, as those are motorcycles). Unfortunately neither the 123d nor the 335d are available in the US. The 135i might be a fun car to have, though.

Thom Holwerda wrote on July 9th, 2007 at 9:07 AM PST:

The 1 series is hidious. I prefer the 3 series coupe or convertible (actually a cc, but that sounds feminine), or, of course, the beautiful 6 series. For the rest, BMW designed much cleaner cars in the ’90s.

But oh well, trends are cyclical. BMW will return to their sharp ’90s style.

Thom Holwerda wrote on July 9th, 2007 at 9:26 AM PST:

BMW M5… Niccccce.

Tom Dison wrote on July 9th, 2007 at 4:13 AM PST:

My suggestion:

JBQ(heart)ELQ
ELQ(heart)JBQ

Just an idea. Also, make sure you have beamers too!

JBQ wrote on July 11th, 2007 at 4:57 AM PST:

I think that the 1 coupe (a.k.a. 2-door) looks pretty sweet. I don’t like the 1 hatchbacks (a.k.a. 3-door and 5-door), though. I find the current 3 coupe to be too fat, and the 6 is too heavy and too expensive.

In fact, instead of a 6, I’d be driving a CLS if I wanted a classy car, a Z06 if I wanted a powerful car, or an Exige or Cayman if I wanted a responsive car. I’d even let a GS450h tempt me.