We had this dish for the first time tonight, JBQ liked it a lot. It’s easy to do and pretty impressive-looking.
Ingredients (for 2)
* 2 big portobello mushrooms
* low-fat sausage (1 if they are big, or 2 if they are small)
* 1 finely chopped garlic
* 1 shallot, finely minced
* 1 tbspoon chopped bell pepper
* 1/3 cup of frozen spinach
* fresh mozzarella
* parmesan cheese
* olive oil
* salt and pepper
1. Cut the stem of the mushrooms and chop it finely. Scrap the internal of the mushrooms with a teaspoon and put the scrapped part together with the chopped stems.
2. Cut the sausage(s) in thin round pieces. Chop the shallot, bell pepper too. Preheat the oven at 350 F (200 C).
3. In a frying pan add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and saute the shallot, chopped mushrooms, pepper, garlic, spinach and sausage for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of parmesan.
4. Fill up the portobello mushrooms with the saute’d ingredients and place them on an oil-greased oven dish.
5. Cut some thin mozzarella pieces and place them on top of the mushrooms. Bake for 25 minutes. Eat warm.