Vegans guilty of starving baby

It’s difficult to not be a hater when you have to do with stupid people. I fucking hate stupid people. Children should be fed all kinds of food and when they are old enough they should make up their one minds. Same goes for religion btw. Bring up children in a way that enables them to make up their own minds about how they want to live or perceive the world. Let them keep an open mind and consider all the options available to them. That’s my take anyway.

Luis wrote on May 4th, 2007 at 8:03 AM PST:

6 week old baby fed with soy milk and apple juice??? This is certainly stupid. It’s not about being vegan or not. It’s just stupid. They could have fed him with meat and fish and he could have died too. Babies need mother’s milk ! Everybody knows that.

This is vegans going against nature. Offending nature.

I guess there’s nothing wrong in bringing up a child in a vegan style as long as you _know_ what you’re doing. In the case of the way you feed your kids I guess it’s not so much a matter of freedom of choice as a matter of knowledge vs. stupidity. And in this case even the most basic knowledge would have been enough not to kill their baby. But come on, who doesn’t know that babies are fed with mother’s milk???

It’s very sad because I guess those parents, no matter how stupid they are, have already been punished in the most cruel way. No need for further punishment.

Thom Holwerda wrote on May 4th, 2007 at 8:07 AM PST:

Fully agreed, Eugenia. The human body requires intake of meat, and since a baby obviously can’t decide for itself, it needs to eat what it needs.

Being a vegan is all ok with me, I don’t care. But please, don’t impose it upon others. Especially defenceless babies.

Luis wrote on May 4th, 2007 at 10:07 AM PST:

>He seemed to still think that what he was doing was the right thing.

I’m sure that they did what they did thinking it was the right thing, but if they still haven’t learned that it was wrong after killing their baby, their stupidness is beyond my comprehension. In this case, it might be ok to take further measures.

>The human body requires intake of meat, and since a baby obviously can’t decide for itself, it needs to eat what it needs.

Sure he didn’t need apple juice, but I wouldn’t say he needed meat either. What he needed was *milk*. Hell, even herbivores take milk when they’re born. I wonder what new kind of radical movement is this so called veganism (or at least the one these people followed).

Dave wrote on May 4th, 2007 at 11:03 AM PST:

It is truly absurd that our society agrees it’s ok to restrict so many things, but any two morons can make a baby.

Eugenia wrote on May 4th, 2007 at 8:11 AM PST:

>No need for further punishment.

I don’t think that this was enough. CNN has a video on the case, from inside the courtroom, and the father was raving on and on about veganism. He seemed to still think that what he was doing was the right thing.

Adeline wrote on May 7th, 2007 at 5:46 AM PST:

Obviously they murdered their baby with maliciousness and with intent- it says on EVERY bottle of soy milk ‘NOT TO BE USED FOR INFANT FORMULA!!!’ I used to be vegan AND I KNOW better than to deprive a baby of life-giving protein and fat. So, they either murdered their baby or have the IQ of your average ROCK.