Here’s another Greek favorite. We had to improvize a bit here to get its taste acceptable at 200 calories: the potatoes will have to be cooked with the rice instead of next to it (because of the lack of olive oil in this recipe).
Ingredients (for 1)
* 1 large tomato (30 cals)
* 1 medium-sized green ball pepper (10 cals)
* 25 grams of long grain rice (100 cals)
* 50 grams of a peeled potato (50 cals)
* 30 gr chopped button mushrooms (5 cals)
* chopped parsley, onion and garlic (5 cals)
* salt, pepper, oregano
1.With a knife cut the upper part of the tomato horizontally (see picture). Do the same for the ball pepper.
2. With a tablespoon dig out the tomato’s flesh and place it in a pan. Do the same for the pepper’s spores and internal flesh, but instead throw these away. Cut the potato in small cubes.
3. In the pan that holds the tomato’s flesh, add the potato cubes, mushrooms, parsley, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and rice. Add 1 cup of water and cook in high heat until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
4. Preheat the oven at 400F (200C). With the spoon fill up the internal part of the tomato and pepper with the pan’s contents. Place them in a small oven dish with half a glass of hot water, and bake them until the rice and potatoes are cooked through.